Understanding Mobile Data
What can I access?
- Email (via your mobile Outlook client)
- Webmail (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc)
- Instant Messaging (MSN, Skype, etc)
- Search (Google, etc)
- Browse the web
- Street Directions (Google Maps)
- Assisted GPS
- Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter)
- Videos (YouTube)
- Download apps and games
What does my Data Allowance get me?
These are approximate figures only.
|Data allowance||Emails Without Attachments||Webpage Visits||Video (Minutes)||Music Tracks|
|120MB||120 emails||360 visits||40 mins||10|
|1GB||1000 emails||3000 visits||350 mins||85|
|2GB||2000 emails||6000 visits||700 mins||170|
|3GB||3000 emails||9000 visits||1000 mins||250|
|5GB||5000 emails||15000 visits||1700 mins||420|
What do I need?
- A GPRS, 3G or 4G capable phone (most phones supplied within the last 2 years will have this).
- A phone with a mobile Internet browser installed (most phones will have this installed) – please refer to your phone manual or manufactures website for details on how to access and use the browser.
- The correct settings in your phone to access the Internet.
- If you cannot access the Internet on your phone you can call us to get the correct settings.
Learn more about the 4G network and 4G data here.
To get the correct settings, please Call Customer Care on 1300 305 305 and we will send the settings straight to your phone via SMS.
* All these usages are only indicative and each user experience will vary subject to the content you view, and the frequency you view it.